jueves, 9 de abril de 2015

Timedoctor Visualizer. An application to analyze timedoctor files.

Recently I needed to analyze some linux execution tasks and interrupt traces and I could not find a tool to do what I wanted so I created my own.

The timedoctor files show the begining and end time of each task executed by a CPU. This is a quite usefull tool to analyze errors in embedded systems, like deadlock, priority inversions...

The tool has two main windows the first one shows the existing tasks in one file and allows to sort, select and deselect each of them. More than one file can be analyzed at the same time.

The other windows allows to visualize the time of execution of the selected tasks in the time. The window allows to pan, zoom and save an image with the graph.

The application was implemented in python and it uses wxPython for the user interface and matplotlib for the plots. I've made it run on Linux, Windows and Mac. The tool can be downloaded from here:

http://github.com/rgonzalez72/tdv

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario